When it comes to the most popular dresses for special occasions, women have an array of styles to choose from. Be it cocktail dresses or gowns, these alluring dresses are sophisticated, elegant, playful, girly, sultry, and trendy all in one. So, let’s check out the popular dresses you can pick from for dressing up on special occasions:
- Puff sleeved dress: Puff sleeves are in trend, so you can find mini, maxi, midi, couture, gowns, and more styles that incorporate this sleeve style. For a cocktail party, you can choose a neon-printed off-shoulder, puff-sleeved mini dress to make heads turn. For the office party, choose the ever-popular little black dress, but this time with a sheer puff-sleeved twist. For a red-carpet event, you can go for a high mandarin collar dress with full puff sleeves and a perfectly fitting lower.
- Ruffled dress: Looking for the perfect dress for your prom? A ruffled dress in pink is one of the all-time popular dresses for special occasions. Relive the fashionable 80s with this fun look. It can be a full ruffled dress, piled-on ruffled dress, or a sequined ruffled dress.
- Polka dot dress: This is a classic print that will never go out of style and has been incorporated into dress designs by several fashion houses lately. You can look like a movie star at the next dinner party with a broad-shouldered maxi polka dot gown, paired with simple accessories and white heels. For a summer event, you can opt for a cute polka dot mini with ruffles, or wear a classic black polka dot dress with a high slit for effortless charm on a date night.
- Pleated dress: The textured nature of this type of dress provides an interesting look and feel. You can choose monochrome dresses with pleats to wear as a guest to a summer or spring wedding, evening ball, prom, or any other special occasion.
- Knitwear dress: A bodycon knit dress in monochrome can be the perfect outfit for events in colder climates. You can also pick knit dresses in sheath style with floral prints and geometric textures for a chic and sophisticated look at a neighborhood party or college alumni party.
- Prairie dress: This dreamy looking dress with its modest silhouette will lend a feminine grace. This type of dress is available in multiple styles and in floral as well as animal print, lace, and other sheer and delicate designs. Popularized by pop culture and movies, this dress is definitely meant for the belle heading to a ball.
Apart from these popular dresses for special occasions, you can choose from other trending dress styles like sheer or leather dresses, bohemian gowns, and feathered, crochet, or sequined dresses to dazzle the crowd.